+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Open letter from actor Lennie James... to a boy who carries a knife

Quite honestly I don't understand why anyone would expect you not to carry a knife around in London nowadays. Especially if you're venturing out at night. It's not like the criminals who intend to do me harm are suddenly gonna stop just because it's a crime... y'know, owing to the fact that they're criminals. I think it's pathetic now that you're expected to rely solely on the police and forfeit any chance of actually defending yourself if you're in mortal danger. There's a saying the Americans often like to use and it seems quite apt for this situation: When seconds count the police are only five minutes away. Now I don't carry a knife because I work in the day and I've no need to go out at night, but Good God do I sympathise with perfectly innocuous, otherwise law-abiding people who carry knives around in the event that they have to defend themselves.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Quite honestly I don't understand why anyone would expect you not to carry a knife around in London nowadays. Especially if you're venturing out at night. It's not like the criminals who intend to do me harm are suddenly gonna stop just because it's a crime... y'know, owing to the fact that they're criminals. I think it's pathetic now that you're expected to rely solely on the police and forfeit any chance of actually defending yourself if you're in mortal danger. There's a saying the Americans often like to use and it seems quite apt for this situation: When seconds count the police are only five minutes away. Now I don't carry a knife because I work in the day and I've no need to go out at night, but Good God do I sympathise with perfectly innocuous, otherwise law-abiding people who carry knives around in the event that they have to defend themselves.
    I think women should be allowed to carry pepper spray.

As it is they're pretty defenceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    I think women should be allowed to carry pepper spray.

As it is they're pretty defenceless.
    Why just women?

What do you think you could do against someone with a knife?

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogue View Post
    Why just women?

What do you think you could do against someone with a knife?
    Not a lot.

But the only really effective way to tackle it is immigration control as I've always said.

Even Trevor Phillips admits that these kids are coming in from war zones like Somalia and The Congo and ultra-violence is a way of life to them.

Immigration control, far harsher sentences for murder and GBH, and the police force to focus on street crime as opposed to monitoring moronic comments on Twitter. They're the police, not the thought police. Those are just some of the steps needed to tackle the current crimewave. I don't buy the whole police cuts narrative. At least not to the extent that people have been peddling it about. We had a far smaller police force in the '60s, a time where you were able to legally obtain a gun permit, and still you didn't have the level of crime we're now experiencing.

Look what's on BBC1 ATM and for 3 nights this week, "BBC - Stephen: The Murder That Changed A Nation", it was the Macpherson Report that neutered the police and turned them into a bunch of PC social workers with badges.

The left are great at exploiting tragedies for their own agendas as we've also seen with Grenfell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2