+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Disasters.

Default Christmas Disasters.

Have they happened to anyone yet.

No point in asking me ., as they have started already.

The GREAT CHRISTMAS SWINDLE , has begun, along with the goodwill.

Christmas has already gone 'Tits 'up, in Kezza's household.

. And I don't care !

I , will become "The Grinch' .

But Christ ,and all the machinations of Christmas Day has become ludicrous.

I mean really , does it matter , who goes where, and when and why,and what for.

Bed and a bottle sounds good. And I don't really care , about the size of the tree or turkey, or who comes , who goes and whether the presents are enough or too many.

I am going to let my family fight it out.

Then I will pass out.

A while ago now, but Mr P's stepmother managed to cook the turkey with the plastic bag of giblets still inside it!

Christmas ''Pics' , makes people go like the subject for a David Attenborough film.
    Feral wildcats , barmy animals and crazy survival of the overstuffed Turkey.

I remember me and my Dad went out one Christmas Eve and had a fair few, then came back and ate the legs off the turkey at about midnight. My mother would cook it Christmas Eve. She was less than impressed. The turkey looked like it had been attacked.

Just how is, everyones Christmas going ?

Has the revelry, anticipation,and exhaustion hit anyone yet.

Or like me, are you still shopping ,and frazzled and cleaning up the house and bug-eyed with the sheer madness of it all.

Mine's pretty mellow, bought a few people who are cool presents, might cook a turkey for the first time ever tomorrow. Wish me luck lol

Should I but a meat thermometer? How do I know when it's properly cooked but not overdone?

Magenta is offline Sunshine and lollipops and vomit everywhere... Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs Magenta Dances like Debs

You'll be grand. There will be instructions on the packaging, just follow them. And it's done when the juices from a thickest part of the thigh are running clear and the meat is coming cleanly off the bone. Oh and it will smell amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post
    Just how is, everyones Christmas going ?

Has the revelry, anticipation,and exhaustion hit anyone yet.

Or like me, are you still shopping ,and frazzled and cleaning up the house and bug-eyed with the sheer madness of it all.
    We are both like you, Kezza. Doing 3 Christmasses in 3 different houses 250 miles apart, the third turkey is going to be a struggle

On successive days I must add, it's not completely insane

The year before last, one, or some, of my furry little terrors thought it a good idea to attack the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. And boy, did the little fuckers attack it well. Came downstairs to a lounge with a floor covered with baubles and lights, a sorry looking tree resting on the settee and a couple of cats giving it the old "What? It wasn't us. It was like that when we got here" look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast