+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 305 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3043

Thread: Fuzzy Logic Random (ask Gray)

Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post
    I know.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post
    Oh blimey.A lot of mixed emotions will be involved in that.,considering their health.( sorry if that sounds crass) Not meant to be Gaz.But sometimes ...Life is like that.

But is everyone else Ok ? On here, I mean.
    You're on the button there. You know my mum had dementia, and was bed ridden for her last 18 months. She confounded medical opinion for most of that by staying alive. OH's mum had a huge stroke last March, 2016, and likewise, survived against the odds and beyond all expectations, in utterly grim health. Obviously, they are our mothers, but death is a release sometimes.

I'm sorry to hear your news, Gaz, but as you say, sometimes it's a blessing - although it seldom feels like it!

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    The poltergeists are aged 5 and 7, I guess.

Thanks for the laugh though, all a bit stressy chez Gaz, our house is in bits, and both of our mothers died within 2 weeks of each other. Survived by a stubborn old man in both cases. They will no doubt make a shocking nuisance of themselves, now that they have nobody to be responsible for.
    Sorry to hear of your loss Gaz. Thinking of you and your wife. And your children too. I imagine it might well be their first experience of close bereavement. Very sad xXx

Sorry to change the subject so completely.

But I think there may be a riot at the Grenfell Tower estate.

And all those provisions are a looters dream.
    To me ,there seems to be a very odd atmosphere around that area.
    But I am only going by the news .,so hopefully wrong.
    But it kinda reminds me of the beginning of the Tottenham riots.

I feel so sorry for those people, apparently the management group ignored residents worries about safety. That company will be bloody lucky if they do not get charged with corporate manslaughter or something similar. There is a list of 72 Tory landlords who refused to pass a bill to make all rented properties fit for habitation. Fire sprinklers were not fitted, just to save £2k per flat.
    Someone somewhere has a lot of questions to answer. At least the emergency services were there when they were needed, and the NHS and their staff.

My sympathies Gaz x

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    I feel so sorry for those people, apparently the management group ignored residents worries about safety. That company will be bloody lucky if they do not get charged with corporate manslaughter or something similar. There is a list of 72 Tory landlords who refused to pass a bill to make all rented properties fit for habitation. Fire sprinklers were not fitted, just to save £2k per flat.
    Someone somewhere has a lot of questions to answer. At least the emergency services were there when they were needed, and the NHS and their staff.
    Profits above people - it's a disgrace.

The fire sprinklers are not a clear cut case. Drilling the holes for them might weaken the structure. There are other measures that they didn't do instead, make sure you don't spoil your anger with misinformation.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Blaming the Conservatives when Kensington's Labour MP was on the tower board.

Anyway this was council housing so what has that got to do with private renting?

And surely we won't have riots in Kensington of all places?
    Last edited by Tinny; 15-06-17 at 11:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread