+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 320 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3198

Thread: Fuzzy Logic Random (ask Gray)

  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Black ops - DTG
    Posts
    16,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogue View Post
    The VW Up is a great little car. Stylish too.
    Quite new still, and more money than I'd be spending on a 17 year old's first car, I have to say. If you're flush enough to spend more, no worries. Fiestas are good, sure, but often well abused by similar teenagers. Personally, I wouldn't buy a very cheap one.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudy View Post
    It's not a race to the bottom though. A woman in the USA being denied an abortion/contraception/health care isn't getting 1000 lashes but she's still being oppressed.
    Oh Kaz. Think about the Catholic faith.There has always been a way and means to justify the church .And the reason Priests are not allow to marry or become a father is because they will always have to be a son of God and not a father ., so will always remain the Son of God .As God is supposed to be their Father.
    And God will always get a believer in that faith to comply , as there is no guilt as they can confess their every sin.
    So how is Trump different.
    However I disagree with Trump on these values,but Kennedy was the biggest catholic and anti-abortoinist of them all. But somehow he has become an icon.
    But no-one demonstrated against him.
    So why does Trump gets the flack?
    And Obamaa care was crap.( totally flawed)It was never going to be a viable proposition.

    Ps , I was brought up as a Catholic , and the nuns were the most vicious and cruel people I have ever met.
    The Catholic faith is about Mary not God.( although 'He' was always going to get you )
    However I feel that oppressed women in other countries deserve to be heard , not those in a democratic country, lead by the likes of a plonker like Madonna,and need to have their voices spoken for. So maybe a march for them will be organised around the world, and against every leader .And not just Trump .

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Black ops - DTG
    Posts
    16,074

    Default

    I blame all OH's hang ups on the bloody nuns. She was scared stiff of them, and thought her only future was to be one.

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Ps Trump is Presbyterian.

    Which in my mind is High Church ( Anglican) = almost Catholic.

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spice Islands
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    None of my friends who have been to convent schools have ever said anything good about the nuns.

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    I blame all OH's hang ups on the bloody nuns. She was scared stiff of them, and thought her only future was to be one.
    Agreed , they were the most awful people under the sun in a closed convent and did what what they did, in the supposed Gods name.

    But by christ did you learn good manners and a sense of rebellion.

    And a sense of fortitude.

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    None of my friends who have been to convent schools have ever said anything good about the nuns.
    And they are correct, but then who was ever going to challenge them.Ones parents thought it was the best education you could have.
    However , bloody hell can I do stuff that no-one would dream about.But my knuckles and hands were bloody in their tasks.

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Quite new still, and more money than I'd be spending on a 17 year old's first car, I have to say. If you're flush enough to spend more, no worries. Fiestas are good, sure, but often well abused by similar teenagers. Personally, I wouldn't buy a very cheap one.
    It can quite strangely work out cheaper on insurance.

    My lad bought one brand new, and at 19 paid £1600 a year for insurance. When he was looking to buy a used car, he was getting quoted £3k+ to insure similar cars. That's why he decided in the end to buy new.
    Last edited by Scurlogue; 24-01-17 at 05:54 PM.

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    None of my friends who have been to convent schools have ever said anything good about the nuns.
    A friend of mine was battered by a nun in junior school.

    She swung him around by his hair, and continuously punched him in the face & head, and even kicked him.

    Nothing happened to her. I think she was sent to a convent somewhere else.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogue View Post
    A friend of mine was battered by a nun in junior school.

    She swung him around by his hair, and continuously punched him in the face & head, and even kicked him.

    Nothing happened to her. I think she was sent to a convent somewhere else.

    This ^^. It's where I learnt to fight , and not worry about how hard I got hit.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts