+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 305 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3043

Thread: Fuzzy Logic Random (ask Gray)

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    They just call on another number. Once you've answered the phone, you are elevated to the 'genuine number' list.
    That's a shame, I've not had them call for about a year so thought I'd blocked them.

Sounds like a huge call centre in the background though!

Indian authorities must know about them, they seem like big operations.

Some of the numbers they got from genuine BT call centre workers in India I believe, who leaked them.

They are easy to spot. "Hello, my name is Hubert/Agatha, how are you today?" in a strong Indian accent, always gives them away. Are they given lists of 1920s names to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by Deb Arkle View Post
    They are easy to spot. "Hello, my name is Hubert/Agatha, how are you today?" in a strong Indian accent, always gives them away. Are they given lists of 1920s names to choose from?
    They’re even easier to spot if you’re not with BT.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    They just call on another number. Once you've answered the phone, you are elevated to the 'genuine number' list.
    They don't call me any more. I used to keep them on the phone for about 10 minutes until I had got "the supervisor" and ask for an IP address or which computer are they talking about and then hang up after several attempts.
    I had one shouting "I AM COMPUTER TECHNICIAN NOT YOU" "ASK ME ANY QUESTION"
    I think I must be on a blacklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    They don't call me any more. I used to keep them on the phone for about 10 minutes until I had got "the supervisor" and ask for an IP address or which computer are they talking about and then hang up after several attempts.
    I had one shouting "I AM COMPUTER TECHNICIAN NOT YOU" "ASK ME ANY QUESTION"
    I think I must be on a blacklist.
    I've tried a few things, must try harder. I did try the 'I can see your mum on webcam' approach, sadly his English wasn't quite up to it. I do occasionally keep them talking for a bit, but there are only so many hours in a day. I'll try the supervisor. Maybe I'll ask the the mac address of the computer. It always confuses them when I say I'm running red hat anyway.

They tell me I have a problem with my windows, I say they were leaned yesterday and open fine, or else I say I’m not opening windows because it’s cold/raining. I’ve also told them they are scammers, they don’t like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    They tell me I have a problem with my windows, I say they were leaned yesterday and open fine, or else I say I’m not opening windows because it’s cold/raining. I’ve also told them they are scammers, they don’t like that.
    No, they really don't like being told the truth.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    I had a few who said they were calling from Windows, not Microsoft, Windows.

Window computers calling, tells you straight away it’s a scam call.

+ Reply to Thread