+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1842

Thread: Fuzzy Logic Random (ask Gray)

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogue View Post
    The left are shamelessly politicising the event.
    They certainly wouldn't be blaming Corbyn if he'd been elected PM.

If anyone is to blame it's whoever thought flammable cladding was a good idea, just bizarre.

@ Gaz. Never thought I'd say it, but I wholeheartedly agree.

The issue of fire safety, and the fatal lack of, in community housing is - by definition - political.

The council refunded £100 of council tax this year to all residents who didn't get a discount and sits on a surplus of over £200m

The residents committed warned the council again and again and again that a catastrophe loomed

A £10m refurb took place that improved the appearance of the exterior but didn't address any of the safety concerns of the residents.

A sprinkler system would have cost around £220,000

The then housing minister, and current advisor to the PM, failed to publish or implement the report following the last investigation into a tower block

The last Conservative government voted down a bill to ensure that rented accomodation was fit to live in

The PM has acknowledged tonight that the immediate response to Wednesday night failed the residents. Again

This is an absolute scandal

I saw this on FB and thought it was amusing:

Quote Originally Posted by Speechlessly mine View Post
    The issue of fire safety, and the fatal lack of, in community housing is - by definition - political.

The council refunded £100 of council tax this year to all residents who didn't get a discount and sits on a surplus of over £200m

The residents committed warned the council again and again and again that a catastrophe loomed

A £10m refurb took place that improved the appearance of the exterior but didn't address any of the safety concerns of the residents.

A sprinkler system would have cost around £220,000

The then housing minister, and current advisor to the PM, failed to publish or implement the report following the last investigation into a tower block

The last Conservative government voted down a bill to ensure that rented accomodation was fit to live in

The PM has acknowledged tonight that the immediate response to Wednesday night failed the residents. Again

This is an absolute scandal
    I think there is a very real difference between insisting that questions are answered and that those that failed are made accountable for their actions, and using the tragedy to further an agenda, capitalising on the turmoil that immediately follows any such event

it very easily crosses from compassion to crassness

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

From what I understand the residents didn't want the sprinklers fitting as it would have caused too much disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    From what I understand the residents didn't want the sprinklers fitting as it would have caused too much disruption.
    From what's been said, it wasn't at all certain that it was feasible anyway, some big holes would have to be made in some structural components.

It would be interesting to see how many people have died / would probably have died through mishandling of asbestos, compared to how many people have died as a result of not using it to fire-proof buildings.

I'm contemplating air conditioning again, but the way my house is laid out, I'd need it in every room.

In bed the night before last I felt like Alec Guinness stuck in that little tin shed in Bridge on the River Kwai.

I've started leaving the curtains closed all day, then opening all windows as soon as I get home - it helps a little.

+ Reply to Thread