Closed Thread
Page 229 of 328 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 239 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3280

Thread: Fuzzy Logic Random (ask Gray)

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Apparently mobile phone batteries (and other Lithium-ion batteries) operate best at 60-80%.

Keeping them charged at 100% wears them out faster, they don't like extremes, so if you want to make you mobile working last a year or so longer don't keep charging to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    Apparently mobile phone batteries (and other Lithium-ion batteries) operate best at 60-80%.

Keeping them charged at 100% wears them out faster, they don't like extremes, so if you want to make you mobile working last a year or so longer don't keep charging to 100%.
    I presume Tesla know this, one reason for the supercharge stations. They only give your car an 80% charge.

Surely it would be impractical to monitor the charging and stop it at 60-80%.

I mean, I stick my phone on charge and come back a while later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogue View Post
    Surely it would be impractical to monitor the charging and stop it at 60-80%.

I mean, I stick my phone on charge and come back a while later.
    Mine goes on charge about every 3rd night, overnight. You'd need some time on your hands to look at it enough. Could be done with software I'm sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Mine goes on charge about every 3rd night, overnight. You'd need some time on your hands to look at it enough. Could be done with software I'm sure though.
    Well yeah - but that would probably extend the device's lifetime.

So not in the manufacturers interest to develop that software. Maybe an independent could do it. If so, more likely to appear with android than iOS.

Well yeah - but that would probably extend the device's lifetime.

So not in the manufacturers interest to develop that software. Maybe an independent could do it. If so, more likely to appear with android than iOS.
    iOS, not til Armageddon. I'm going for the £25 battery upgrade though mine isn't particularly bad.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Charging it to 100% then letting it go completely flat then to 100% again is what wear them out quickest.

That was what you did with the NiCad ones to make them work properly.

I tend to top-up charge with the lithium ones which is OK, better than letting them go completely flat although I think you're meant to completely discharge them once in a while, every 6 months is it?

There's a new girl sitting across from me who sound like a pigeon when she laughs.

It's pretty annoying.

There's a new girl sitting across from me who sound like a pigeon when she laughs.

It's pretty annoying.
    Oh Blye ! These things are sent to try us.

And my batteries keep running out.

They go from 1% to 25% in a whisper.Every time I press a button.

It is as if they are 'lettuced' and have no idea what is correct to calculate.

I don't care.

Sue (WINF) is not having a good time on her holiday., she has phoned me and said she has fallen out with her cousin.

I am watching the Olympics and got very engrossed in the curling.

But well done Shaun White. Majestic !

Since my Switch is in the dock pretty much all the time and the battery constantly at 100% I'm not sure that's doing it much good.

Closed Thread