+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Read any good books lately?

Everyone seems to enjoy rifling through my drawers!

LOL Deb, you nutter

Finished Game of Thrones, gutted, I have to wait till March to find out what happens next!!

Just read The Blade Artist and A Decent Ride both by Irvine Welsh, they were pretty good if you like his style. Irvine wrote Trainspotting for those who don't know but his stories aren't always about drugs, they're street stories.

I'm re-reading Gregor the Overlander (written by Suzanne Collins, who wrote The Hunger Games) - I'm enjoying them even more second time around.

The Odessa File - Frederick Forsyth.

Good espionage adventure.

Found a great series (if you're into that sort of thing).

Simon Scarrow's Napoleon & Wellington series. Four books written as novels, that go into great detail on their lives and adventures. Ive read book 1 (Young Bloods), now half way through book 2 (The Generals).

My husband and number 2 son are massive Scarrow fans. In fact, my son got husband a signed copy of The Legion with a page of the original manuscript for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Nice one!

I've read all of the Sharpe books, so it's great to go over the history again from Wellington's perspective. The Napoleon angle is also fascinating.

If I was going there, I wouldn't start from here.

Quote Originally Posted by FGG View Post
    I'm reading the Surviving the Evacuation series (you may have seen them advertised on Facebook). I'm on book 6 at the minute. There are zombies but they're incidental. It all the post apocalyptic stuff I like.
    I've recently got into this series. The first book was offered free for Kindle so I gave it a go. Gripping stuff so I'm working my way through them now. On book 4 ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I've recently got into this series. The first book was offered free for Kindle so I gave it a go. Gripping stuff so I'm working my way through them now. On book 4 ATM.
    I'm bang up to date on them. I read book 9 a couple of weeks ago when it came out. Make sure you also read the Here We Stand books which are Sholto's story and what happened at the start and how he got out of the US.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Peter Falk's autobiography "Just One More Thing", not your conventional one, more like a series of funny stories about his life, very entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast