+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: That there London

Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post

Harrods , for a look see.
    Good ice cream shop in there - second floor I think.

You could also do a walking tour - there's an east end one that goes round brick lane. Or an evening ghost walk.

Tate modern's always good for a look in if you're passing - it's by the millennium bridge.

If you're doing the eye, walk the section of the south bank between there and London Bridge - there's loads to look and it's a nice walk. I'd consider staying in the West End or somewhere so you can make the most of wandering around at night, as the area around the o2 is a bit of a wasteland. And, as suggested, afternoon tea at one of the fancy hotels or department stores - not necessarily the Ritz - it's a fun experience and you'll all appreciate a sit down at some point.

If you're going to the Natural History and the V & A, then the Science Museum is just around the corner with loads of interactive stuff, space simulators etc.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/

I probably wouldn't bother with Harrods, but might make the effort for Hamleys. Although neither would be in my top 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigga View Post
    If you're going to the Natural History and the V & A, then the Science Museum is just around the corner with loads of interactive stuff, space simulators etc.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/
    This, with every fucking brass knob on it! The science museum is about London's no. 1 favourite place for 9 year olds in our family. If you haven't been, you'll be surprised. And as it's next door, it's no bother. Walk to Marble arch for speaker's corner, Oxford st. How about a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe?

The Science Museum is out, as we've been to MOSI several times, and with the time thing I want places that are totally unique to London (if that makes sense)

4 nights now though

and thanks for everything so far - any practical advice appreciated

48 hour hop on tour bus with Dungeon tickets (or tower, as we're doing both), cheaper on the day or pre-booked?

The shopping, then. Oxford St, Regent St, Carnaby St, and maybe Covent Garden. Tickets, google for voucher discounts, there's usually some.

I don't know which would be cheaper, but I would tend to pre-book as you would have to queue for your tickets.
    If you pre-book , do they send them to you, or do you have to queue up to get them as well?
    I don't really know anything about this.
    But you will want to miss as much queueing as you can.

Yeah I'll pre-book that I think and look out for promotion codes

The markets around brick lane/spitalfields are fun to look around. Great international food too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast