+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: That there London

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spice Islands
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Resurrecting a thread that’s nearly 4 years old, nice bit of trolling there.

  2. #62
    Tinny's Avatar
    Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Murder rate in London now higher than New York.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    tatooine
    Posts
    3,115

    Default

    Whoa, I'm never going there, it sounds way too scary!!!

  4. #64
    Tinny's Avatar
    Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Someone on Twitter said that Khan is like the Mayor in Jaws.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Politicians and Police in London can't win. If they introduce widespread stop & search to try to combat gun and knife crime, there are demonstrations that certain sections are being harassed. If they take a softly softly approach they get accused of not caring about certain sections.

  6. #66
    Tinny's Avatar
    Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    To try and get round that before they just did stop and searches on everyone but that is just a waste of money and resources, need to actually target the people likely to be carrying the knives.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Black ops - DTG
    Posts
    16,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    To try and get round that before they just did stop and searches on everyone but that is just a waste of money and resources, need to actually target the people likely to be carrying the knives.
    They tried that and were accused of racism. Now they'll be accused of racism for not caring enough about black on black crime. I don't envy them, nor do I envy young black people in London.

  8. #68
    Tinny's Avatar
    Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Now they'll be accused of racism for not caring enough about black on black crime.
    Already have been by the BBC.

    Half the murders are gang-related, the majority of gangs in London are black and/or mixed-race, police need to get some balls.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Black ops - DTG
    Posts
    16,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    Already have been by the BBC.

    Half the murders are gang-related, the majority of gangs in London are black and/or mixed-race, police need to get some balls.
    The other half are probably gang related too, they were just too off their faces to get the right guy. I'm only too familiar with London gangs, though the one I knew best was in Bermondsey, therefore white. An exception, I will grant you.

  10. #70
    Tinny's Avatar
    Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    The other half are probably gang related too, they were just too off their faces to get the right guy. I'm only too familiar with London gangs, though the one I knew best was in Bermondsey, therefore white. An exception, I will grant you.
    Do Millwall football hooligans count as a gang?

    If the gang members were white I suppose they could do stop and search.

    Maybe this is why Glasgow's knife crime problem is nowhere near as bad as it used to be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts