+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: That there London

Resurrecting a thread that’s nearly 4 years old, nice bit of trolling there.

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Murder rate in London now higher than New York.

Whoa, I'm never going there, it sounds way too scary!!!

Tinny is offline Was once a Ray of Sunshine. Now Rusty. Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny Tinny

Someone on Twitter said that Khan is like the Mayor in Jaws.

Politicians and Police in London can't win. If they introduce widespread stop & search to try to combat gun and knife crime, there are demonstrations that certain sections are being harassed. If they take a softly softly approach they get accused of not caring about certain sections.

To try and get round that before they just did stop and searches on everyone but that is just a waste of money and resources, need to actually target the people likely to be carrying the knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    To try and get round that before they just did stop and searches on everyone but that is just a waste of money and resources, need to actually target the people likely to be carrying the knives.
    They tried that and were accused of racism. Now they'll be accused of racism for not caring enough about black on black crime. I don't envy them, nor do I envy young black people in London.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Now they'll be accused of racism for not caring enough about black on black crime.
    Already have been by the BBC.

Half the murders are gang-related, the majority of gangs in London are black and/or mixed-race, police need to get some balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    Already have been by the BBC.

Half the murders are gang-related, the majority of gangs in London are black and/or mixed-race, police need to get some balls.
    The other half are probably gang related too, they were just too off their faces to get the right guy. I'm only too familiar with London gangs, though the one I knew best was in Bermondsey, therefore white. An exception, I will grant you.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    The other half are probably gang related too, they were just too off their faces to get the right guy. I'm only too familiar with London gangs, though the one I knew best was in Bermondsey, therefore white. An exception, I will grant you.
    Do Millwall football hooligans count as a gang?

If the gang members were white I suppose they could do stop and search.

Maybe this is why Glasgow's knife crime problem is nowhere near as bad as it used to be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast