+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf: The Masters

Default Golf: The Masters

Anyone else on here like a bit of golf?

The best sporting event of the year imo

Just two players for me to start with, but will add more if need be as the tournament progresses

Woods 5/1 on the nose

Bo van Pelt 110/1 EW (6 places)

I bloody love the Masters, but can't justify the extra £21 a month to see it :(

Quote Originally Posted by AnaemicZebra View Post
    I bloody love the Masters, but can't justify the extra £21 a month to see it :(
    Why don't you watch an online stream for free?

There hasn't been a need for Sky for several years now

I didn't know you could

Streaming has been around for years - the quality varies from site to site, but there will be zillions to choose from for the Masters

Some require additional software, but most play in your browser in flash. Some will buffer now and again, if so just switch to another one (there's usually about 10-15 options for a regular tournament) Some will be taken down mid broadcast due to a 'violation of broadcasting rights' (don't panic if you see that it has nothing to do with you)

You don't need a proxy or anything either - they are 100% safe to use - I haven't had a single issue with viruses, malware etc in the 7 or 8 years I have been watching streams

I suspect posting links to streams may not be allowed here, so will pm you a few links to streaming sites. The actual links to the events usually appear about an hour or so before they go on air. For golf, you have the choice between Sky and the Golf Channel on the PGA Tour, and just Sky for the European Tour

You can watch near enough any sport taking place anywhere in the world at any given time, as long as it's being televised somewhere. You can even watch the 3 O'clock kick offs in the PL on a Saturday afternoon if you want to

The Masters is one of the tournaments I want to get inside the telly to watch.
    This weekend will be like going on holiday for me.
    I will not go out and will glued to every minute if it.
    I used to play golf for my county and the last HCP I had was 3 on my downward spiral of little competition golf, because of other things.
    Sadly because of a broken hand I cannot play any more. As I cannot grip the club properly.
    I have a full set of custom made Pings irons and a set of Callaway woods just sitting in my cloakroom looking at me. ( sigh)

Do you watch in 3D kezza? I bet it looks great, but imagine it buggers your eyes up after a while

When I lived alone, I would turn off all phones and disconnect my doorbell during play at the Masters, and have a fridgeful of beer at the ready

I've never played golf other than on putting greens and crazy golf on holiday, which you will probably laugh at being a county player and all

I've been to Wentworth several times as a spectator though for the BMW and also to the London Club, where a guy in front of me took a Garcia tee shot smack on the top of the head (what a sound it made too!) and lie there covered in blood with his eyes fluttering while Sergio signed a glove and nonchalantly dropped it on his chest before saving par

No not in 3D. I have just looked in my big bag, a hard thing for me to do . And I used to carry 3 wedges, and somewhere I have an original Ping Anser putter., the with the Karsten Arizona stamped on it.
    My father made me play golf from a young age. ( He being a Scot) But I was far more interested in ponies.
    I have played Wentworth and the Belfry and most of the big courses.
    When Loopy came to stay ( the perfect house guest) she saw my stuff/photo's ect.Kinda makes me sad, to know it is not my game anymore.
    Golf is second in my opinion to snooker as far as the plotting the next stroke is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Okktober View Post

I've never played golf other than on putting greens and crazy golf on holiday, which you will probably laugh at being a county player and all
    Nah , a real golfer knows how the game can love you and leave you , all on the same day.
    But ,hey, go to a course or pitch and putt, and see how it really can get to you.Then your will troubles begin.
    I used to love practising , I found it very therapeutic.Just watch the ball and think where you want it to go. It's hitting underneath the ball not the top.Same as a beachball. And keeping your head down is the worst advice ever.
    And if kids can putt, so you can putt. It's all in your head.

I still do team talks.
    And golf has always been a game of opposites.
    Last edited by kezza; 08-04-13 at 04:44 PM.

I should say , the bottom of the back of the ball is where you want to strike it.
    Most people look at the top of the ball and wonder why they thin/fat it.
    So you watch the back of the ball , not the top .
    Jesus , I have gone into coach mode. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast