+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Wheels Good.........Two Wheels Better..

I don't have a road bike - just an old mountain bike with slick tyres on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FGG View Post
    I have an exercise bike but even with a pillow it kills my arse.
    i alternate between ten minutes sitting forward using the handlebars, then ten minutes upright with my hands behind my back (i decided hands on hips looked a bit daft ). it alternates the pressure points so is more comfortable, but it does take a day or three to readjust if i've been of it for more than a few days.

Get some padded bike shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Von Horns View Post
    Get some padded bike shorts?
    oh yes. that too. makes a world of difference.

All the time. I was at the trail in Llandeglla at the weekend. They've put some new bits in now, including some new North Shore and an artificial rock descent which is really good. Off to Morzine in the summer as well. I have a 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite which is running Mavic Crossmax rims on it and the 2012 Specialized Enduro Evo FSR Expert. I'm going to try and get into road riding a bit more just for fitness, because riding the MTB is an expensive pastime. Every time I go out I invariably break something on it.

Cycling in general can be pretty expensive. I ride an old beater of a bike and wear cheapo gear, and still I seem to spend a fortune on parts, tubes/tyres, extra bits of clothing when it gets cold, etc etc...

Now who's talking about beaten undercarriages

Quote Originally Posted by Uly View Post
    All the time. I was at the trail in Llandeglla at the weekend. They've put some new bits in now, including some new North Shore and an artificial rock descent which is really good. Off to Morzine in the summer as well. I have a 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite which is running Mavic Crossmax rims on it and the 2012 Specialized Enduro Evo FSR Expert. I'm going to try and get into road riding a bit more just for fitness, because riding the MTB is an expensive pastime. Every time I go out I invariably break something on it.
    Every time I go out I invariably break part of me :cry:

Not ridden Llandeglla. In fact only done the Marin Trail and Coed y Brenin in Wales which is fucking disgraceful tbh. Need to try remedy that this year.

Morzine's great. Not sure I'll get over this year but vee shall see. Innerleithen, Glentress etc etc are my main haunts over here. Ride a Fisher Ged hardtail and a Santa Cruz VP Free downhill bike. And a road bike from the 70s

Enduro's a nice bike. Mate rides one but I slag it of cause it's made of plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Von Horns View Post
    Cycling in general can be pretty expensive. I ride an old beater of a bike and wear cheapo gear, and still I seem to spend a fortune on parts, tubes/tyres, extra bits of clothing when it gets cold, etc etc...
    I wear cheapo jackets. It's wayyy too hazardous with the amount of trees I hit. Mate lent me a 200 quid gortex thingy over-jacket once. Lasted all of 20 minutes before I'd all but ripped a sleeve off. He weren't best pleased about that.

Quote Originally Posted by profile View Post
    I wear cheapo jackets. It's wayyy too hazardous with the amount of trees I hit. Mate lent me a 200 quid gortex thingy over-jacket once. Lasted all of 20 minutes before I'd all but ripped a sleeve off. He weren't best pleased about that.
    My jacket is the only item I spent a fair bit of cash on - I ride to work every day, regardless of weather, and I don't like to arrive all sweaty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast