+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ginger!! 82 Days To Go...

Ok, hows about you send all your oldies up to me for NYE, they'll have a blast and I'll put on a show for the grandads

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses31 View Post
    My grandma is 90, and has started off telling everybody she won't be here much longer, and is glad too. I think old people get to a point when they know the end is nigh, and give up.
    Erm, my MIL has been saying that for years and she's only early seventies. :hmm:

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Ok, hows about you send all your oldies up to me for NYE, they'll have a blast and I'll put on a show for the grandads
    Am I included in the invitation, or just Old Boots? :hmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Am I included in the invitation, or just Old Boots? :hmm:
    How could I not invite you! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    My gran was the same. She died last year age 91. She outlived my grandpa by 20 years and was the only one left of all her siblings and friends.

I think it must be so sad to have suffered so much loss.

She had tremendous spirit though. Her regular response when asked how she was, was "I'm deid but I'll no lie doon!"

(((Splod)))
    That's like my aunt, she's the last, she's seen everybody go; all of her 10 siblings, her husband died 25 years ago and sadly her son died 10 years ago. Her line is, 'the auld cuddy's still gauin'

Pam I think going with the truth is the best way, it'd be worse if she found out you lied to her. My MIL is great she understands that the kids don't want to be dragged around on Xmas Day so we all meet up sometime between Xmas and New Year, maybe you could do something like that.

You would love my grandad on my dad's side, he's only 76, and a real charmer. He's a really good singer too, and impressed everybody last year at his 75th, by getting up with the Sinatra tribute act we booked for him, and doing some duets, then singing some Dean Martin numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses31 View Post
    You would love my grandad on my dad's side, he's only 76, and a real charmer. He's a really good singer too, and impressed everybody last year at his 75th, by getting up with the Sinatra tribute act we booked for him, and doing some duets, then singing some Dean Martin numbers...
    How fab!!!
    Best way to be, bit of life in you!

now you are getting desperate, re-consider my offer?

I miss not having grandparents :(

Diamond is offline The look of love. For himself, unfortunately. Diamond might be good, might be bad

The is the only way...you always end up getting caught out and made to feel an even bigger bastard!

My mum in law is not too bad (we have had our moments though), she now leaves us to get on with it, as does my mum.
    Dazzler's aunt on the other hand is a complete bitch and gets worse every year:fuckinghell:
    She is the mother in law from hell (even though, shes not his fucking mother):whatever:
    She plays games, causes trouble, expects the earth and doesn't consider or give a hit about the children.
    Thankfully we are 250 miles away and its my mums turn this year...though, that is going to cause her to have major hate for us for gawd knows how long:roll:
    I love Crimbo and I love getting totally pissed,being in in my pj's and eating the world...oh and of course playing with the children:oooh:
    She expects us all to be dressed up, uncomfortable and civilized, then fall asleep in the chair at 6oclock...my idea of hell:fuckyou:

I obviously needed to let that rant out:fuckinghell:

Will you take my sister's pain of a MIL, infirm FIL and Aspergers BIL then I can have fun just with my family? :hmm:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast