+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ginger!! 82 Days To Go...

Default Ginger!! 82 Days To Go...

...until Christmas.

Here's my dilemma. How do you tell your mother in law that the two of you just want to stay in the house on Christmas day, spend the day together and not see anyone else?? Is that selfish?

^ nope! Go ferrit!

ruthy is offline Can't help feeling she has missed the point again... ruthy is getting on with the WI ruthy is getting on with the WI ruthy is getting on with the WI ruthy is getting on with the WI ruthy is getting on with the WI ruthy is getting on with the WI

Well don't do a me and decide that is what is going to happen and then get pissed and invite them for christmas day :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaL View Post
    ...until Christmas.

Here's my dilemma. How do you tell your mother in law that the two of you just want to stay in the house on Christmas day, spend the day together and not see anyone else?? Is that selfish?
    You can be replaced you know?

You can either tell her like it, we don't want to go anywhere or see anybody and just want to sit and eat and watch crap on the box on our PJ's.

Tell her that you are going away to a swanky hotel for a day or two and turn your phones off.

If that fails, give me her phone number and I'll do it for you :hmm:

Alternatively, just tell her you're going to a hotel Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. You don't aktchewerley technically have to go. Just a thought...

Betty, you still going to Storms' or do I need to find you a farmer to lick ?

edit : GB read my mind :fuckinghell:

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaL View Post
    ...until Christmas.

Pam, I;ve got an app on my phone that tells me how may days till Christmas and plays Christmas music. I;m driving everyone nuts with it

Hmmmm...difficult one. Does Andy's mum have other family that she will see on the day or is she on her own?

If she won't be on her own then I think you (or Andy ) just have to be straight with her and say something like "it's our first year in our new house, we work incredibly hard and this year we want to be totally selfish and spend the day alone, just the two of us together"

I think it's good to mention the "selfish" word before she gets the chance to throw it at you.

Personally I don't think you are being selfish. You are entitled to spend Christmas Day as you wish. I am sure she will try, but don't let her make you feel guilty.

edit - alternatively, as others have suggested....lie and lay low
    Last edited by Sunbeam; 05-10-10 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss_Miss View Post
    Alternatively, just tell her you're going to a hotel Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. You don't aktchewerley technically have to go. Just a thought...

Betty, you still going to Storms' or do I need to find you a farmer to lick ?

edit : GB read my mind :fuckinghell:
    I'm still working on planning my NYE, looks like Storm could win this!

I think we're going to go for the truth and the truth is exactly as Ginger has described it.

She's incredibly passive-aggressive though, she's gonna make Andy pay for it!!

Edited to add: She definitely won't be on her own, the whole family spend Christmas Eve at her house, then Christmas day at her house, then Boxing night across the road at Andy's sister's house. That routine NEVER changes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    I'm still working on planning my NYE, looks like Storm could win this!

shopping, drinking and a new tatt vs drinking, drinking and farmer licking.

Hell, I think I'll come to Storm's too !

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBiatch View Post
    You can be replaced you know?

You can either tell her like it, we don't want to go anywhere or see anybody and just want to sit and eat and watch crap on the box on our PJ's.

Tell her that you are going away to a swanky hotel for a day or two and turn your phones off.

If that fails, give me her phone number and I'll do it for you :hmm:
    All of them and no it's not selfish Pammy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast